Effective Date of Policy: 2 July 2014 (Last updated as at 10 July 2018)
Automobile Association of Singapore (“AA Singapore”) and its subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, affiliates, related corporations, business partners, service providers and agents respect the privacy of all our members, customers and business contacts, and is committed to safeguarding the personal data you provide to us. Please read this Privacy Notice (“Notice”) to learn more about the ways in which we collect, use and protect your personal data.
1. Application of Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice shall form a part of the terms and conditions governing your relationship with AA Singapore and/or its subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, affiliates, related corporations or business partners and should be read together with those terms and conditions. By providing your personal data to the AA Singapore and/or its subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, affiliates, related corporations or business partners or otherwise using or accessing the website accessible at http://www.aas.com.sg (the “Site”), you hereby agree and consent to the terms and conditions of this Notice, in particular the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by AA Singapore and/or its subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, affiliates, related corporations or business partners in the manner and for the purposes as described in this Notice. Please review this Notice carefully before providing us with any of your personal data.
2. Use of Personal Data Collected
Personal Data refer to any data, whether true or not, about an individual (including your family members and referrers etc.) who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which AA Singapore has or is likely to have. Personal Data includes, but is not limited to, your name, NRIC / passport / FIN number, contact numbers, address, email, payment details and vehicle details, which you have provided to AA Singapore and photographs or video images taken at contests, AUTOVENTURETM trips, activities, or events in which you have been captured.
AA either currently uses or may in the future use your personal data for the following purposes or related purposes in connection with the products, services, events and activities which you have applied for, to extent applicable:
- Processing your application for any products, services, events and activities offered or distributed by us (including but not limited to third-party products such as insurance, car rentals, travels, events, talks & courses);
- Providing the motoring-related products, services, events and activities applied for or otherwise requested for by you;
- Administrating, maintaining and/or managing the daily operation and relationship between AA Singapore and/or its subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, affiliates, related corporations or business partners and you;
- Communicating with you and others as part of our business
- Marketing activities and publicity in connection with motoring-related products, services, events and activities offered or distributed by us;
- Using photographs or video images taken at contests, activities or events in which you have been captured, for publishing in AA Singapore and its subsidiaries and relevant business partners’ collaterals (including but not limited to magazines, annual reports, yearbooks, website (including the Site), press advertisements, social media);
- Offering, marketing, promoting to you any products, services, insurance, events and activities provided by AA, its subsidiaries and business partners which we think may be of interest to you;
- Offering, marketing (including telemarketing), promoting to you any products and services from our insurance partners which we think may be of interest to you;
- Collecting revenue and debts;
- Generating financial, regulatory, management reports;
- Conducting surveys, research and analysis ;
- Monitoring or evaluation of AA Singapore campaigns/activities to assess their effectiveness;
- Conducting checks, including with the Do Not Call Registry;
- Complying with AA Singapore’s internal policies and any applicable rules, laws and regulations, regulatory policies, industry codes of practice or guidelines, judgments, orders, notices, directions or requests issued by any court, or any administrative, governmental or regulatory body, whether in Singapore or otherwise, including but not limited to rules and regulations relating to anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism and the carrying out of audit checks, surveillance and investigations;
- Handling, processing customer feedbacks, requests and enquiries;
- Training and service assessment purposes;
- Disclosing to related organisations, agent, contractor or third-party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, debt collection or clearing, data processing or other services to AA in connection with the operation of AA and its subsidiaries’ business;
- Maintaining the safety and security of AA premises with the use of security cameras;
- Collecting certain standard internet and website log information and details of patterns about how you use the Site for the purposes of better understanding our Site (including which portions of our Site are the most visited and how you got to our Site) and to improve our Site and how it works, as well as your experience whilst visiting our Site. The information we collect include:
- your Internet service provider;
- your operating system;
- your browser type and domain name;
- your access times on our Site;
- the website that referred you to us; and
- web pages you request.
- monitor the Site’s performance and ensure that we deliver a fast browsing experience;
- allow you to share content with social networks, express interest in content and connect with your social media networks;
- allow us to collect anonymous data about Site usage to help us improve the usability, content and user experience of the Site. This includes site analytics cookies such as Google Analytics.
We also use Google Analytics to collect information about your online activity on the Site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on the Site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. For more information about the information gathered using Google Analytics, please visit http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies. You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings (click “Help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions or review the cookie management guide produced by the Interactive Advertising Bureau – www.allaboutcookies.org.) If you do so, some of the features and services of the Site may not function properly.
3. Disclosure of Personal Data
Your personal information will only be made available for the purposes set out in this Notice (or as otherwise notified to you from time to time) to staff who properly need to know these details for their functions within AA Singapore. All personal data held by AA Singapore shall be kept confidential but AA Singapore may make available your personal data to the following third parties strictly for the purposes set out in this Notice:
- Any subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, or affiliates of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with AA;
- Any person or company who is acting for or on behalf of the AA, or jointly with the AA, whether in Singapore or elsewhere, in respect of the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the data was provided;
- Any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit bureau, or collection agencies necessary to establish and support the payment of any services being requested;
- Any business partners (including, but not limited to insurance partners) and third parties whether in Singapore or elsewhere, providing, offering, marketing (including telemarketing), promoting any products, services, insurance, events and activities which we think may be of interest to you;
- Any subsidiaries, business partners to use photographs or video images taken at contests, activities or events in which you have been captured, for publishing in AA’s collaterals (including, but not limited to magazines, annual reports, yearbooks, website, press advertisements, social media) and also in connection with AA’s business partners’ publicity purposes.
Any service providers who provide IT services, communications (both electronic – such as Mailchimp and website management companies and non-electronic – such as companies we use to assist with any paper mailing campaign) and support services, such as travel services, insurance brokers and advisers and building management companies. We will disclose specific information upon lawful request by government authorities, law enforcement and regulatory authorities where required by law. Only where necessary, we will disclose personal information to third parties in response to legal process (such as court action), or to enforce our agreements, to protect the rights, property or safety of the AA Singapore, our employees, agents, and/or Site users.
When doing so, we shall require them to ensure that your Personal Data are used only for the purposes set out in this Notice, and appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the Personal Data are applied.
4. Withdrawal of Consent
If you do not wish us to use or disclose your Personal Data for any of the above purposes, you may withdraw your consent at any time by giving written notice to email@example.com.
However, depending on the circumstances and the nature or extent of your withdrawal, the withdrawal of your consent may result in us not being able to provide services to you, and such request may be considered a termination, and our legal rights and remedies by in such event are expressly reserved.
5. Access and Correction of Data
If you wish to access, update or otherwise change or remove any information that you provide to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Accuracy of Personal Data
AA relies on your Personal Data to provide the products, services, events and activities to you. You shall ensure that the data provided by you to AA is correct, accurate and complete. You shall update us of any changes timely.
7. Personal Data of Third Party
By providing Personal Data relating to a third party (such as family members and referrers) to AA Singapore and/or its subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, affiliates, related corporations or business partners, you represent and warrant that third party Personal Data is accurate and that prior consent has been obtained for the collection, use and disclosure in the manner and for the purposes as set out herein.
8. Protection of Personal Data
AA Singapore shall take appropriate measures, which are consistent with applicable laws. Unfortunately, no data transmission over internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your Personal Data has been compromised, please notify us immediately.
9. Retention of Personal Data
AA Singapore shall retain your personal data for as long as the purposes for which such data is collected or use (as notified to you) continues, or where necessary for our legal or business purposes.
10. Changes to Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to modify or change this Privacy Notice at any time. The Effective Date, as stated above, indicates the last time this Notice was materially revised. If we make material changes to the Notice, we will post any changes on this page. We encourage you to review this page periodically to understand our Privacy Notice regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data.
For questions regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.