Recognisable for its star symbol, Caltex has been powering vehicles since 1936. Today, it’s Caltex with Techron® premium petrol has built a formidable reputation for keeping engines clean as a whistle.
This was the fuel that helped set a Guinness World Record in 2019 in Chiang Rai, Thailand. That feat, dubbed ‘Fastest Ascent of Doi Chang Mountain Road by Car’, was set by Jamaican-Chinese race car driver Natasha Chang in a 28-year-old Honda Civic. She powered up the 1,000m uphill climb in only 6 minutes and 52.692 seconds!
Caltex with Techron® is a premium petrol that has been enhanced with, Techron®, which has been scientifically proven to clean and protect engines. Techron® contains an active cleaning ingredient that removes dirt and prevents deposits from forming in the engine, thus enabling it to function optimally and deliver maximum power to the wheels. Other benefits include better fuel economy, lower emissions, a smoother drive, and reliable performance.
Techron®’s formulation — of which polyetheramines are a key component — took decades of rigorous research and development to get just right, with chemists and engineers at the Chevron Richmond Technology Center, USA, repeatedly testing and adjusting the formulation on all kinds of engine and vehicle condition.
Another reason to make Caltex with Techron® your petrol of choice is the fact that you can locate the nearest Caltex station easily — thanks to the Find-a-Station function on its website.
To make it more convenient for you as a motorist, the company has also created the Caltex Station Locator app, which you can download onto your smartphone, be it operating on an iOS or Android system. What’s great about the app is that it can tell you whether each station has a car wash, ATM, convenience store, or other amenities.
This app lists Caltex stations not just in Singapore, but also in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, and Thailand — perfect for a self-driving holiday once COVID-19 travel restrictions are lifted.
5 THINGS ABOUT CHEVRON
The company behind the Caltex brand is Chevron Singapore Ltd.
- In 1999, Chevron moved its operating headquarters from the USA to Singapore.
- By the 1990s, Chevron already had a strong regional presence, with upgraded refineries and revamped service stations.
- The regional hub for the Caltex brand is Singapore, where all marketing strategies are developed for the rest of Asia.
- Chevron Singapore received the Community Spirit Award from the People’s Association in recognition of its contributions towards the community from 2011 to 2015.
- EDB also recognised Chevron’s contribution to Singapore in the economic, social and community arenas by conferring with the Distinguished Partner in Progress Award in 2005.
SPECIALLY FOR AA MEMBERS
AA Members can enjoy special deals at all Caltex stations. Simply flash your AA Membership E-Card to receive:
- 14% fuel discount for
- Regular 92 with Techron®
- Premium 95 with Techron®
- Caltex Diesel with Techron® D
- 16% fuel discount for
- Platinum 98 with Techron®
- Entry to Be A Superstar contest
- Stand a chance to win attractive prizes when you spend at least $60 (gross price) on petrol using your AA Membership E-Card
- More details here